Thursday night (17/06/2021), was a busier night again at Battle Bunker.
Table 1 saw Jonathan face off against Russ, both fielding custom legios. Reinforcements in the form of Tenebris joined partway through the game as their planned opponent failed the final warp translation
Takeaways from the night
- Dual volcanoes pack a nasty punch if you hit the same location with them both and roll 5s and 6s. Took my warlord out in one go!
- Warhounds really need to behave, as early machine spirit rolls aren’t good for the plan.
- I agree with Jonathan about the warbringer, would be interesting with the 90 degree arc on the carapace gun using the wargear upgrade. They’re very robust, might try being a bit more aggressive with them.
- I get the feeling the amount and type of terrain is really important to the balance of the game… feel like we didn’t have enough on our table and it was too easy for the warlords to bully everything else
- We played 1750 on a 6 x 4… but think 1500 on a 4 x 4 is better
- Note to self: pushing the reactor is OPTIONAL
- Beam Weapons do WHAT?
- More and bigger scenery is needed – not that I need any pushing to start another project
- Might be time to start thinking about events / games days?
- Need to take more pics
- And the big one – its amazing to see multiple tables full of titans, it really is a glorious game!
Next Game Night
We’re booked in to Battle Bunker from 6PM again next Thursday – 24/06/21. It’ll be another night of pick-up games, in the 1250-1750 point bracket. It’s probably worth having lists at 750, 1000, 1250, 1500 and 1750pts planned, so that we can make sure everyone is playing. See you then.
We’ve put a table booking thread on Facebook to help people arrange games. Hope it helps.