Thursday night (01/07/2021), saw Titans take to 3 tables at Battle Bunker.
Table 1 saw Steve face off against Tony in a pitched objective battle using the open War Deck
On Table 2, Jonathan and Dave engaged in a ferocious close combat assault
Table 3 was where Stu and Russ drew their battle lines. An Audax Canis Maniple with Battle Titan Support engaged a highly mismatched force with a Demi Venator maniple supported by a Warmaster Heavy Titan,
Takeaways from the night
- We’re probably ready to start planning an event or gaming day of some sort. Watch this space
- The Warmaster is a potent killing machine, but is difficult to fit into a 1750pt list without some serious compromising elsewhere
- A Legio Audax Canis Maniple is absolutely brutal, even if they dont fully engage until turn 3
- Marked Prey is a phenomenal stratagem for Audax, especially when facing off against a big nasty
- Emergency Repairs is a very very well written and thematic order
- We’re starting to see some quite intricate strategies involving rules interactions. I’m going to add a ‘Clarifications on how we play….’ section to the site for anything that I think will come up again. At least that way we can be consistent.
If anyone has something they would like added; whether it’s photos or thoughts on the games / night, let me know
I pushed the trailer for our YouTube Channel live yesterday, and we’re up to around 20 subscribers at the point of writing this page. To ease us in to things slowly, I’ll be bringing at least one camera this week and grabbing some fairly broad footage to put an overview video together and get me used to the process of editing and publishing video. I’m hoping that over a few weeks we should be able to start producing some battle reports and after that look at some more editorial content like reviews and guides. If anyone has ideas, or would like to be involved (or not), let me know 😉
You can find the channel on YouTube at > https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdps4C4IszJGcMLS0XZgRAw
I’m going to start promoting the Facebook Group / Channel / Site a bit more heavily over the coming weeks, so again – if anyone has any ideas, get in touch.
Next Game Night
We’re booked in to Battle Bunker from 6PM again next Thursday – 08/07/21. It’ll be another night of pick-up games, in the 1250-1750 point bracket. It’s probably worth having lists at 750, 1000, 1250, 1500 and 1750pts planned, so that we can make sure everyone is playing. See you then.
We’ve put a table booking thread on Facebook to help people arrange games. Hope it helps.